three easy steps
Step 1: Courier your gold, silver, or bronze to Gold4GoldWhere to courier:
- In order to ensure that donated items are secure, CAN Fund has partnered with Sprott Asset Management who has been a longtime supporter. Items sent to Sprott via secure, trackable courier will be insured for their full value upon arrival.
- Please courier to:
CAN Fund c/o Sprott Asset Management
200 Bay Street Suite 2700, PO Box 27 Toronto, Ontario,
Canada M5J 2J1
- Pack your gold, silver, or bronze securely
- In order to ensure that you get a tax receipt for your donation, please print off and complete THIS CAN Fund Donation Form. Please include the CAN Fund Donation Form in the package you courier.
- Courier using one of the following secure, trackable methods:
FedEx: FedEx is CAN Fund’s recommended shipping method, since FedEx automatically insures packages for $100. Additional insurance can be added for $3.25 per $100 in jewelry value, up to a maximum of $1000.
UPS: Insurance can be purchased for $2.10 per $100 in jewelry value, up to a maximum of $500. Selecting ‘Adult Signature Required’ costs an additional $2.
Purolator: Not recommended, since Purolator insurance does not cover jewelry shipments.
CanadaPost Xpresspost: Please ensure you request not only tracking and delivery confirmation but also signature upon delivery.Please note:
- To receive a tax receipt you must include the completed CAN Fund Donation Form.
- All donated items are the responsibility of the shipper until they arrive at Sprott
- Gold4Gold is not responsible for packages sent without tracking and signature upon delivery.
- For information about sending high-value items via mail, please contact us by phone at 1.866.937.2012 or 416.487.4442, or email us at email@example.com
Step 2: Receive a tax receipt for your donationThe appraisal process:
- Once a week, items donated to Gold4Gold will be securely transported to Imperial–Canada's largest full service precious metals manufacturer and refiner. Since 1914, Imperial has been manufacturing, refining, and selling gold, silver, and bronze.
- Imperial and a certified appraiser will weigh, analyze, catalogue, and appraise the items donated.
- Diamonds, gemstones, pearls, watches etc will be auctioned off.
- Each item will be appraised and a tax receipt will be sent for the fair market value. If an item is appraised at $500, a $500 tax receipt will be issued.
- CAN Fund will issue a tax receipt to donors only for items donated that are valued at $25 or more.
- For additional information about Canada Revenue Agency’ mandated process for donation valuation,
Step 3: Help Canadian athletes reach their gold-winning dreams!
- Once Imperial appraises the value of gold, silver, and bronze donated, Imperial will issue CAN Fund a cheque. CAN Fund will then distribute this money directly to Canadian athletes who have applied to CAN Fund. The majority of Canadian athletes rely on CAN Fund so they can afford proper nutrition, coaching, equipment, travel to training camps and competitions and basic living expenses. www.myCANFund.ca